me+travis+3 days in san diego=a whole lot accomplished!







Travis and I left for San Diego early Thursday morning. Late Wed. night, I dropped the loves of my life off with my Nanny and Mom for 4 days of no mommy and daddy. There were a lot of tears shed-only by me though. I sobbed for a good 30 minutes about being away from my sweet children and talked to them a few minutes later to learn that not only did they not miss me-they were STOKED to be at Nanny's. Sigh. Better than the other way around I suppose!
Many pregnant moments took place during this trip. I'll start with the first one.
Back to Thursday morning-We needed to be awake at 3 o'clock (yes, a.m.) and I had the alarm all set and ready to go. Or so I thought. Some guardian angel woke Travis up at EXACTLY 3 o'clock and he said to me "babe-I don't think you set the alarm." "Of course I did! I barked with sleepy eyes!" I grabbed the clock and looked at it and sure enough-I never turned it on.
Luckily-he woke up in time so we made our flight.
Pregnant moment 2: We got to the car rental place only to discover that I'd reserved the wrong dates. The worst part about that is that I checked the confirmation email a few times and even printed it out "making sure" that everything was in order. Needless to say-the money we shelled out for a Toyota Yaris we rented may as well have been a Bentley. Thank you Hertz.
We flew in over this amazing city and landed right in the middle of it! So amazing to come in over the buildings! Our flight was good and since we were so early, we headed to an apartment I had researched online to see it. (I, of course, had a whole list of places). This particular one was in a very good area with the BEST school district in San Diego. The moment we walked in to the leasing office-I knew that was OUR place. We both felt it. So we got it. (We also found out that the school that's across the street-got a 10 out of 10 rating. Perfect!)
With all this time left, we decided to explore the area. Our first stop was In-N-Out and let me tell you-I can see why everyone raves about it! DE-LISH!
Pregnant Moment 3: We checked into our hotel and I had to check email for some homework I had due. I couldn't figure out why the internet wouldn't work. I talked to the cute girl at the front desk and read the user/help manual at least 4 times to try to figure out what the deal with our laptop was. I was dialing the number for tech support when Travis kindly told me that I never plugged the internet connection in to our computer. There was a huge sign above it telling dumb asses like me to remember to plug it in. Naturally, I ignored it. Turns out-when you plug the internet connection into your laptap-it works!!! We lounged for a while after exploring where we both fell asleep at 8:30. Yes we're senior citizens.
The next day we strolled around Old Town (which was so awesome) and had amazing mexican food for lunch. Thank Goodness they do it right there! We met up at the school and got a tour. It had such an amazing atmosphere about it and the people all seemed so down to earth. We had a meeting with the dir. of admissions (amazing man) who after talking to us for 20 minutes-asked Travis if he wanted a 12 thousand dollar scholarship. We both teared up (and of course said 'Yes!') This was the most amazing and perfect thing that could've happened to us. I am SO grateful and feel so much better about going to this school in this great city.
The last day we were there was our six year anniversary. This is also the first trip we've ever had alone. We walked around seaport village and ate at a FABULOUS restaraunt to celebrate our day. It was so magical. We had to get ready for our late night flight that night so I made sure to check the hotel room so as not to forget anything.
Pregnant moment 4: I forgot my warm yummy hoodie in the hotel room.
We went to the airport to return our Bentley and got ready to sit in the airport and wait. I ate some pizza that gave me mega gas and painful heartburn.
Pregnant moment 5: I stood in the wrong line for boarding and the Southwest man scolded me like a child in front of everyone. It's okay cuz Travis got really sassy with him and then we laughed.
Made it home to ice cold weather and a messy house. I was so glad to get my babies back. This trip was amazing and I can't wait to show them all the beauty we saw.


2 Comments:
I love this post! Seriously, a $12,000 scholarship, I'm so excited for y'all!!
Love,
Kristin
Gillian, this is amazing news about the apartment, school and scholarship. WOW! You and Travis really ARE supposed to be there! I'm so excited for you, and sort of jealous you get to hang out in all the sunny, happy bliss that San Diego has to offer! CONGRATS!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home