Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

San Diego? High Fives all around!




After LOTS of soul searching and outweighing LOTS of pros and cons, we've decided on San Diego for Law School. This may come completely out of the blue because all I've ever said is how I wanted to stay here. I am so afraid of getting out of my comfort zone that I never take any risks. I'm ready to grow a pair and take one. (Especially since Travis has always had San Diego as his first choice).




I know this is going to be an incredibly difficult thing for me to do. I know that I'll miss my family. I know I'll miss the Mama Mafia (nothing compares to you) and I know I'll miss the comfort of a familiar area. I love this city with all my heart but there's so much out there to see and experience! I'm not worried about Violet making friends because she starts school in the fall and she's awesome at making new friends (I could actually take some lessons from her!) and Ollie has no idea what's going on. He'd be happy anywhere and so would Trav-especially if he could skate 365 days out of the year! I just know that I'd kick myself for passing this opportunity up.




Now that We've made this decision. I feel: Excited, Content, Happy, Positive. All the things I'd hoped for...........

5 Comments:

At March 25, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Berkeys said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At March 25, 2010 at 10:05 PM , Blogger dkeaquinto said...

YEAH!! I'm so excited for you and so sad for me. But, my love for you out weighs my selfishness. And that's saying something... :)
-Kristin

 
At March 29, 2010 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Kyrsten said...

I just have to look at the positive side of this. It looks like a fun place to visit. Justus said I could do a girls weekend next year. Guess where I'm going? It will be sad to see you go, but I am so glad that you get to have such a fun adventure. Moving out here was out of my element, and its been the best thing that has happened to our family. Just try not to love it more than here so we will see your pretty face again in 4 years when you move back.

 
At March 31, 2010 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Adrie Peterson said...

Honestly, I'm THRILLED for you! I know you're getting out of your comfort zone, but I leared WAY more when I did that, than when I played it safe. Truly, San Diego is perfection! When Travis is doing school work ALL THE TIME, you'll have endless ways to spend your time. Beach anyone?!!

Really, I couldn't be more excited or happy for you. This is going to be the adventure of a lifetime! Document every moment of your time in SD, because you'll look back on it with major fondness...of this I'm SURE.

If only we could end up in Cali too! Sadly, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Hey, I'm very happy to keep in contact with you at all...be it through blogs, facebook, the phone, whatever. I still need my "Gillian fix", which makes me very grateful for modern technology :)

 
At April 7, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Susan R said...

San Diego....wooo hoooo. My home town!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home