Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Are you sure it's not a food baby?"


Yes another "WAYTOOLONG" has passed since I've blogged, but the reason is this (it's a good one this time-I promise) I'm pregnant. I've actually been in the second trimester for a while so I could've done this sooner, but well-you know.


I think the fact that I've been in denial for a good part of this pregnancy may have been a good reason too. I keep staring down at my tummy thinking-is there REALLY a new life in there? Maybe it's just gas. Maybe I'm just stressed and skipped 6 cycles. Maybe I'm really emotional because I'm tired. (P.S. eye twitch is back, so the stress thing is a real certainty). I've never dealt with the "surprise!" pregnancy. Especially one that has you due the month your husband is starting law school at GODKNOWSWHERE. Needless to say that this "transition" has been hard for me to process.


It wasn't until my last docotors appt. that I finally got out of my funk. It was because my midwife told me-I'm pretty sure it's a girl. A GIRL! More pink and obnoxious patterns!? YES! I hadn't even purchased anything for this baby until I heard "well I see the hamburger-looks like a girl"

*Hamburger-I believe that is a medical term for the girly junk.


I've already purchased mustard baby skinny jeans and tulip bedding. Stoked. Violet asked for a girl this time-so most importantly I am glad to give her what she wants because heaven knows, if she doesn't the world will surely end. Ollie has no idea-bless his heart. I am glad however that since he's the "middle child" he will be the only boy. Thank goodness because it's not like his heart melting smile and awesome personality get him any attention or anything.
I can for sure say now that I am no longer in denial. I can actually say I'm really excited and glad to be adding to our crazy family. I love you little one.

2 Comments:

At March 31, 2010 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Adrie Peterson said...

LOVED this post! So cute. You and Travis make beautiful babies...I can't wait to see this next little one!

 
At April 17, 2010 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Jessa said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful.

You are beautifully and you're handling all this craziness well...beautifully.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home