Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Crackin Nuts!





Violet and I had the opportunity to go see the Nutcracker Ballet while I was in Pueblo last weekend. We don't get many chances to hit the town (at two in the afternoon) by ourselves or as she likes to put it "just us girls and NO stinky boys-(i.e. Daddy or Ollie) So we got dressed up and drove in freezing temps to see the Nutcracker. Violet being Violet had 153 questions to ask me concerning the ballet as she's never before been to one. Is it going to be like Barbie Nutcracker? Will it be like our story book? Is the Nutcracker real? Do I get to meet Clara? Is there anything for you to buy me there? etc.
Well, we got to our seats and my little sweet sprite isn't heavy enough to hold down a seat. She sat down and her legs shot up to her chest. "MOM! It's happening again! (We have this issue just about every time we see a movie as well and I spend the whole movie holding the seat down with my knee) Anyway, she decided she wanted to sit on my lap throughout the performance and I was delighted! It's not very often that she wants to be that close to me for extended periods of time now that she's "mature." I loved it. Oh and she in fact DID get to meet Clara (and the Sugar Plum Fairy who was so cute I wanted to put her in my purse and take her home).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home