Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The next Mia Hamm




Over a month ago Violet said to me "Mommy, Brae is playing soccer this year and I want to do it too!"
This shocked me because I'm not athletic AT ALL and anyone that knows my family would gladly second that. We're the creepy, artistic, "interesting" family.
I was so pleased she wanted to branch out so I gladly signed her up, got her shin guards, a ball, cleats (thanks Lindsay!) and was so excited to watch her in action. The first practice she was pretty into it. The first game, well that is a different story all together. It was pretty cold and she was less than excited about playing. She was too busy digging in the mud, chasing butterflies, picking dandelions, etc. It was so funny I couldn't stand it. That's pretty much how it's been since that first game. Our poor little team (Princess Posse-Violet HATES the name b.t.w. "I wanted to be Lion Power!") has gotten their butts handed to them just about every game. I think Violet loses interest a little more every time, if that's possible. Everyone gets such a kick out of her and now I think she certainly fits into our artistic, weird, quirky family just fine. (My favorite quote is "I think maybe We'll do dance next time"-Violet.) It's kind of a struggle to drop everything and go to practice and the games since I know she really isn't getting anything out of it, but I want to show her how important it is to finish it out, even if it is a struggle for me!

1 Comments:

At October 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Adrie Peterson said...

4 words: Violet CRACKS me up!!! So cute :) By the way, your creativity is impressive, and I wish I even had a smidgen of it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home