Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Here you go "Gazelle Millward"

I know once again, I've been a delinquent blogger. Since school started I've been consumed with that, homework, the kids and attempting to fit in a social life. I also kind of figure that most of the people that care about my blog I see on a regular basis, so I tend to let it go. (I'm sorry Adrie, Amanda and Jessa-I'm sure that you haven't been able to sleep at night since you don't know what I've been up to. Here's some assurance so that you can get your well needed rest).

A few weeks ago Moudi had a show at this venue in Co. Springs that is pretty big for metal bands so I was stoked to go. Me and the "Metal Mom" rocked our socks off. It was awesome and I am so proud of my little brother. (Someone told them their "chick drummer was a beast" -he still took it as a compliment :)

We also ventured to the yearly Colorado State Fair. It was fun despite the interesting fashion choices of Pueblo's finest, expensive bad food (my Uncle actually purchased and consumed fried bacon on a stick) and pockets of bad smell. We watched this shark show which now has Violet interested in "Lemon Sharks". Ask her, she'll tell you all about them. We also saw all the baby animals (Violet's other fave) and she got to go on a pony ride. Ollie loved digging the corn sandbox they had. It takes a lot to get him angry, but apparently me taking him out of it made him PISSED!!!!!! He LOVED it! We had fun and it seems like even though it's the same every single year, the nostalgia is nice.

We also spent lots of time in Nanny's yard (of course, since we don't have one) digging in the dirt and running through sprinkers. It took three hair washings to get all this dirt off Oliver's scalp. I complain about Pueblo a hell of a lot, but trips like these remind me of the tiny (and I mean tiny) part of me that still loves it anyway. Kind of like the bad ex-boyfriend that treats you like garbage but you can't help but love.






















1 Comments:

At October 4, 2009 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Adrie Peterson said...

Gillian,
Thanks for the great posts! No worries about not posting. I completely understand that life is busy. I'm so happy that you are enjoying your life, and things are going well for your darling family. Such adorable people are you!! The pictures are fabulous :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home