Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Baking and why I hate it.





My lovely friend Kristin had her birthday yesterday and I wanted to do something special for her. I thought cupcakes would be a fantastic idea! So I looked to see if I had ingredients for them and sure enough, I had a yummy lemon poppyseed cupcake mix. I thought sweet! Violet and I mixed all the ingredients up and the end product didn't look at all like a proper cupcake. Instead, they looked like what Violet called "doughnuts." I realized later that since we're in a high altitude area, I should have added flour to the mix. pshhhhhhhh. Why didn't I think of this previously? I also tried to make buttercream frosting for them. It tasted like a heart attack so I put it in the sink. AHHHHHHH!!!!! I am so not meant to cook, grow plants, or sew. I hate these things and am grateful I have friends who CAN so I can enjoy delicious treats, graciously accept beautiful homemade gifts and eat homegrown veggies. What would I do without you girls?

Lucky for Kristin, the Mama Mafia met at Cold Stone and ate ice cream that was DE-LISH. It's always to nice to chat with ma ladies! Happy Birthday Kristin-I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home