Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

SLC Awesomeness!












For the Memorial Day weekend, my inlaws offered to take the kids and I to Salt Lake City to see family (Travis had to stay home with the LSAT, or as I affectionately call it "the other woman"). I have to say I was a little put off by the drive-3 hrs to my inlaws house in Carbondale then 7 to Salt Lake. I'd like to put all the blame on my infant son and toddler, but truth be told-I HATE driving for long distances. My butt gets tingly. I have to pee all the time. I get car sick. etc. I finally broke down and decided to go when I found out my amazing mother and father in-law would be doing all the driving so I could focus on the kids. On the way there, Ollie, Violet and I slept forever! It cut the drive in half and gave them the rest they needed (me too!). The drive was pretty too! When driving through the desert, she kept talking about how there was not meerkats, only prairie dogs that lived in the desert. She went on and on and on and on and on about them until we got to a gas station where grandpa bought her a squirrel key chain which became the new topic of conversation. She named it Brown Squirrel Green Stripe Tail, which cemented the fact that all Violet's animals are Native American.

I need to quit misjudging places I've never been because I LOVED Salt Lake! There are so many beautiful homes and charming shops. The architecture is amazing in so many of the old houses and church buildings. I really fell in love. The drive was SO worth it! I loved seeing my sisters-in-law and their kids. Violet had the best time with her favorite cousin Kennan. We went to the "This is the Place" monument, went shopping, saw Night At the Museum 2, had so many great meals together, and lots of laughs. Violet also informed me she wants to live in a Marriot some day. I can't say I blame her, the best mattresses, hot breakfast ready when you wake up, someone that comes in and tidys your room when your gone, a pool inside, valet service, etc. Ollie just wishes their Pack-N-Plays were a bit for comfortable. There were many tears shed when we had to go and I would be very happy to move there for law school. (If that's where we supposed to be of course!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home