The Butterfly Whisperer







Violet got this amazing butterfly growhouse from the Eaquintos (thanks guys!) for her birthday and has totally loved it! You order the caterpillars in the mail and they come and grow so quickly I could hardly believe it! After a few days they were so big and hairy and pooped like crazy. The day after that they made their little chrysalises (what is the proper way to spell/make that plural?) Anyway after our Salt Lake trip, we came back to butterflies! (I forgot to tell you the names, trust me, they are worth mentioning: 1. Hot Dog 2. Chip 3. Sparkles 4. Sprinkles 5. Swirlies).
We kept them for a few days then Swirlies and Sparkles shuffled off the mortal coil so I thought it was probably time to release them. Most animal rights (or insect rights activists) would not encourage handling the butterflies, but we did anyway and Violet will NEVER forget it! She was so happy! Just in case anyone was wondering, Violet endorses the butterfly growhouse and so do I! In fact we're going to pass it on to our friend Bria who would definately love the experience as much as we did!


3 Comments:
Gillian,
Hi my friend! I love your new blog look. I'm so sorry we missed you when you were in Utah. Yet, it looks like you had LOADS of fun, and I'm so happy for you! I love this butterfly post, it's just precious! Thanks for the interesting reads...you rock!
I seriously need to get that for Brae. Ever since we went to Winter Park she has said she wants to be a bark beetle for halloween. And I'm so proud of you for using the correct term of Chrysalis and not Coccoon. Eric Carle had it all wrong
Awesome!
I love the new fruity look. And I gotta say, bravo for losing the music player. I always loved the tunes, but it blocked your post so I couldn't read it.
Thanks for the kitty carrier! We're all in NC in one piece. Tomorrow = THE BEACH!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home