Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Gillian, just let them be.

Friday mornings are one of the only days (this semester) that I have to fart around with my kids. This morning I decided very quickly, that I would take my future "scientist for big cats" to the zoo as a surprise. She was overjoyed when we pulled up to the zoo and said "oh thank you mom! thank you so much!" (sqish. my heart melted). Of course the first thing she said was I HAVE to see the lions first! Anyone who knows my Violet is not surprised by this. We went to see the lions first and then to the feline house. I kind was hurrying her because I wanted her to see more and then I thought to myself. Why am I hurrying her? She is in absolute heaven right now! I feel like I am so used to rushing all the time, but why do I do this? Why rush when the reason we have the zoo membership for my children? So we looked at every sign, stayed and watched the cats for a really long time (I kept Ollie occupied with snacks of course). We also saw the giraffes and some snakes but then decided we needed to go back to the lions again. It felt so good to not be on any schedule and just let my kids do what they love which is staring at the big cats for two hours for violet and for ollie-eating. So here's some pictures of the fun morning we had.








1 Comments:

At March 19, 2009 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Adrie Peterson said...

Gillian,
This is so perfect. I love that you did just what your children desired. You are a wonderful mother! Cute pictures too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home