Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Friday, January 9, 2009

I think it's official that I am extremely late in getting out my "holiday blog" but I've been so busy relaxing that I haven't found any time to get my act in gear. Since it's been so long, this is bound to be an epic blog entry (i got nothin on you Jessa!) so use the bathroom.

My Birthday-This is a holiday to me.
I was SOOOO depressed because I found out that Travis had to work that day and I had nothing to do. Well, that was until my most amazing friends had a get together for me and as usual, we had a great time! I also received many calls throughout the day from other friends giving me birthday wishes! After lunch I decided to spend some birthday money at my happy place (target) and was invited to go have dinner at another friend's house. I wasn't alone all day! It was so awesome! I feel that I had the best possible birthday! I love you friends-Thank you!!!! Oh and Travis came from his shift like this.....




Christmas Eve-breakfast at Pinehurst Country Club (yum) and Party at the Karford's that night
My in-laws always do a huge party on Christmas Eve with a dinner and a visit from Santa. My Nanny and my uncle Jeff were coming up and there was no Santa for the party sooooooo, I convinced him to do it! Given Violet's HUGE fear of Santa, I had to tell her so she wouldn't panic that her uncle was to be Santa as long as she promised not to tell the other kids. Jeff got all decked out (in a wig that was WAY too small and an outfit that was so itchy it felt like being clothed in sandpaper i'm sure, he got his bells and set out to hand out presents to the 45+ (yes, Travis' family is huge). Once Violet saw "Santa" she screamed and booked it to the basement. I ran after her to remind her that it was uncle Jeff and she says to me "I couldn't see his eyes!!" She spent the remainder of the gift giving downstairs while Jeff/Santa handed out presents that my dear Grandmother in Law purchased for everyone. (There has been many a hockey pucks, Train sweater and Survival Kits given bless her heart). Anyway, she purchased remote control cars for ALL the kids, even the little girls. So I brought Violet's down to her and she opens it and says "you need to go upstairs and tell Santa that this is a boy toy and I'M A GIRL!" Apparently sass doesn't discriminate, even for those we're terrified of......

Christmas Morning-
We went to bed so late the night before I thought we MIGHT have the opportunity to sleep in. Nope. Violet came to the room and asked me if Travis met Santa at 7-11 like he was supposed to and then ran into the front room to see her "big lion she could ride" and was elated! We had such a relaxing morning together it was great! My mom, stepdad and brother came up that day and we all had Christmas Dinner together in my bitty condo but it was so nice to not have to travel that day like usual! My Nanny and Jeff left so my mom and fam could stay Christmas night. What could you imagine would tie the whole day together? watching a slasher movie (not me, i'm a HUGE wuss these days). Anyone who knows my mom and stepdad is not shocked by this at all. The next night Travis and I went to a Nuggets game (my first)and it was so fun! (never would I expect to say that about a sporting event,but I truly do enjoy basketball-especially seeing Carmelo Anthony. Wow.) After being down almost the whole game they came back in the 4th to win! Disclaimer-DO NOT ride in a car the day after Gillian eats ballgame nachos with extra jalapenos.







New Years-Week in Carbondale
On the 27th we headed up to Carbondale in horrible weather and thank goodness for a new snow tires (merry Christmas to us from my inlaws) we arrived safely. we stopped once at a KFC where Oliver peed all over me in a freezy cold bathroom. He's managed to contain the hose lately but it was COLD in there and i think the smell of fried chicken really got his juices going. We sledded and snowboarded, went to a movie (DO NOT see Marley and Me if your at all sensitive. I cried on the way home with my mother in law!) I ate so much bad food, stayed up way to late with my kids and truly had the time of my life. I feel like all the stress in my life goes away when I'm there and I am always so sad to leave. I don't know if it's that I love my inlaws so dearly combined with one of the most beautiful places I've been. Coming back to real life is inevitable but I always pretend it won't come when I'm there.....







All in all-BEST HOLIDAY SEASON YET! I couldn't be more grateful for the life I've been given.

2 Comments:

At January 10, 2009 at 11:31 AM , Blogger emilyaaa said...

LOVE this post! LOVE the part about 7-11! your violet cracks me up! and i'm also lovin' that now everyone who reads this blog knows not to get in the car with you after you've had nachos! lady, you crack me up! i'm so glad you had such an awesome Christmas-you deserve every good thing you get!!!

 
At January 10, 2009 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Jessa said...

I used the bathroom and got all the way through the blog. It was awesome. The pics are fabulous and I feel total camaraderie with Violet's fear of Santa. There's just something creepy about that dude.

Hope Ollie's eye is on the mend. We're going to try to get to 9:00 church tomorrow. We'll see.

Talk to you soon!
Jessa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home