The Birth of my Shiny New "Penny"









My Penelope is the sunshine that lights up the sky. I'm so in love. This is the story of how I finally got to see her face........
Talking my Doctor into inducing me wasn't hard once she found out that Travis is in law school. Also that we don't have any family here. She said to me on our first visit, "well, we have to do it on a Friday afternoon so he can have the weekend with you." Smart lady!
My mom surprised the heck out of me when she said she was coming to visit me-on an AIRPLANE! She was in great spirits when she got here and my Nanny Mom and I (plus #1 and #2 babies of course) spent the day before the induction together and it was so FUN! Something about the dynamic of three of us women together without anyone else is hilarious. We went to In-N-Out, my Nanny's current fave and mowed down burgers. De-Lish. Violet really enjoys snapping unattractive pictures of me and that one of me surely didn't disappoint.
At 7:30 the next morning we headed to the hospital for my induction. Just Mama and me-Travis had class and was coming after it was over. The medicine got me going quick and before I knew it my blissful epidural was going and BAM-1:37 out popped my little teeny baby. The best thing about this experience was that the hospital encouraged mother/baby bonding time so I had a whole hour to have skin to skin contact with her-no weighing, no poking, no nothing but staring into my beautiful babies eyes. If you could bottle the feeling of seeing your baby for the first time and sell it, I'd take it like a drug. I was SO happy to have that time that I spent the next 4 days topless like a hippy nursing my baby. LOVED IT.
My other favorite moment was watching my 5 year old girl look at her baby sister with tears of joy in her eyes. Amazing. Poor Ollie puked right before they came so he wasn't able to see her (or me and Daddy) He was so sad. (Later we figured out it was because he was chewing/gnawing on his bed and ingested some paint which in turn made him yack. Ahhhh, little boys.....)
You always wonder if you have enough love for another child because you already love your other two SO much it hurts. It turns out you can. My love has grown to a whole new level that I could never imagine. I love you Penelope.


2 Comments:
oh, i love you (and her) so much!! this story made me cry!!!! thanks for the details. I can't wait to meet her!!!
beautiful!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home