Be Gentle-It's my first Blog

Tomorrow I'll get it right.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wicked Witch(s) of the West and One (un)Flying Monkey







We went trick or treating with the Millwards and some other friends and had a great time until my little witch (yes, we always have two Halloween costumes for her) biffed it off some steps and candy was strewn out into the snow). Then-she was done. Got LOTS of yummy candy though. Ollie (my monkey) just chilled out in his stroller with a sucker and was totally happy-even with a cough. Man-this boy is like not of this world. LOVE HIM. As for my little witch. We've had some major power struggles around the Brown home lately. She talks herself into fits. What I mean by this is that she will throw her beloved "blankie" and "kitty pink" outside and says she no longer wants them. Then she'll scream and cry for them until I go out and get them. Then she AGAIN throws them outside and says she doesn't want them. On and on and on. This is just one instance. She does this often so she can melt down. I'm still trying to figure out why she does this. We talked to our therapist and she said it's totally normal for this age but to me-it seems crazy. I have talked to my mom and nanny about it too to get their feedback and tried all their suggestions but to no success. I asked my mom why she didn't say to "pop her in the mouth" like she used to do to me-and she replied-"well, that didn't seem to work very well now did it?!" Hahahahah!
Anyway, despite all her major insanity, it all boils down to the fact that she's JUST LIKE ME. I think that's why it makes me so wacky. Then I forget about all this crap when she cuddles with me to watch a movie and holds my hand through it only to tell me "I really love you mom and I'm sorry that sometimes I am naughty." This little sweet tart can be my the biggest button pusher in my life but I can guarantee that there's no one else in the world that understands me like she does. I love you my little witch-Love, the Ultimate, Original Witch.

3 Comments:

At November 1, 2009 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Rennie said...

I think it's mostly being female... i could be wrong...but can relate.

 
At November 3, 2009 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Adrie Peterson said...

This is so adorable! I love your description of your sweet "witchy" daughter. She does make one of the CUTEST witches I've ever seen! It makes me want to go see "Wicked" again...have you seen it? I can't remember. Anywho, it was fun to read all of your recent posts :) You are great!

 
At November 6, 2009 at 7:03 PM , Blogger emilyaaa said...

you are amazing, you know that? that little lady is lucky to have you as her mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home